September 6, 2023

Devotion

 Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid nor be dismayed. for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

Matthew 28:18-20 "Jesus said. 'All authority has been given to Me in Heaven and on earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.'" 

    I am amazed at the number of new people who have expressed interest in traveling to the Dominican Republic next January. 

    The verses above serve as a foundation for all that we do. The experience of traveling to a different culture and serving is unique.  And I believe life-changing.

    There are many needs right here at home, so why fly to a different country? My colleagues at the Free Clinic have asked me this. As you will see, the poverty in the Dominican Republic gives new insight into all that we have here at home. It also gives me new eyes to see my neighbors and understand their needs. All people in all nations need to know that Jesus loves them and died for them and offers salvation freely to all who believe that. 

    Please continue to pray for wisdom about traveling to the Dominican next January.


~Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment